Want some place to warm up this weekend in Washington, D.C.? Check out these events that may get your blood flowing.
Friday, Jan. 16
- Rapper T.I. is coming to the District to promote his clothing line, Akoo. And while he’ll be the man of the hour at an ultra-private dinner (we can’t tell you where, but come back Monday for a recap!), fans can check him out at Echostage (2135 Queens Chapel Road NE). Doors open at 9 p.m. Buy Tickets!
Saturday, Jan. 17
- Forever 21 is set to open a new Georgetown location. Celebrate the grand opening from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. The first 300 shoppers in line will receive a free gift card valued from $10 to $210, and they’ll even be able to enjoy a complimentary photo booth. Join the fun by heading to Georgetown Park on M Street NW.
- The Yards will host its first-ever Ice Yards festival. This free, 21 and over event transforms the park into a winter wonderland complete with ice bars, hot tubs and outdoor fire pits. The action-packed days’ activities will include a frosty beer garden, adult snow cones, ice sculptures, interactive winter-themed video games and even sounds from DJ Jerome Baker III. The event is rain or shine as it will be tented. To enjoy, head to The Yards Park (10 Water Street SE) from 2-6 p.m.
- Want to celebrate the legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr.? Join IMPACT DC at their “Beautification Project” at the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial (1964 Independence Avenue NW) from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Young leaders, government officials, IMPACT supporters, and more will be helping the U.S. National Park Service, DC Social Innovation Project, Project Learning Tree and DC Urban Greens upkeep the monument.
Sunday, Jan. 18
- #HendricksandHenderson present “Hendrick’s Gin Most Unusual Brunch” at STK DC (1250 Connecticut Avenue NW). Enjoy a cocktail competition complete with attractions such as a “tattooed lady,” a “fire breather” and a “fortune teller.” Brunch and drinks not included. RSVP!
Monday, Jan. 19
- The District Insider and The Kane Show co-host Danni Starr have teamed up for “Operation Warm Winter,” where they’re collecting coats, hats, scarves, gloves, and blankets – in all sizes. Head to Wilsons Leather inside Westfield Montgomery Mall (Level 2 in the Macy’s Home corridor, 7101 Democracy Blvd., Bethesda, Md.). As a thank you for your donation, Wilsons Leather is offering shoppers $10 off on the purchase of a new coat! Items collected will be distributed to homeless men, women, and children in the DMV. Additionally, a portion of items will be donated to A-SPAN.