Posts by JM:
- “You smart” if you kick off Super Bowl weekend at Marquee (3708 South Las Vegas Blvd.) Why? DJ Khaled is doing a 90-minute set inside the nightclub, located inside The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. Doors open at 10 p.m. Get tickets!
- Watch the big game on 20 TVs inside Lavo (3325 South Las Vegas Blvd). For $145, enjoy an open bar and a gourmet Italian buffet from the menu from 2-5 p.m. For reservations, click here and tell them The Fab Empire sent you!
- If you want a similar experience, but don’t fancy Italian food, try Tao (3377 South Las Vegas Blvd), which is hosting “Tao Bowl.” For $135, enjoy an open bar along with an “Asian Emperor’s buffet” For reservations, click here and tell them The Fab Empire sent you!
- Don’t want to spend anything to enjoy the big game? You don’t have to! Head to the Downtown Las Vegas Events Center (200 South 3rd Street) for the “Big Game Bash” if you’re over 21. The center will turn its 20,000-square-foot ten into a sports cheering hub, complete with TVs and surround sound to enjoy the game along with stadium-style food and drink specials. Doors open at 12 noon.
- Head to Hyde Bellagio (3600 South Las Vegas Blvd.) to cheer on your favorite team with the Bikini Brigade LA. Enjoy giant flat-screen TVs, an open bar, and small bites from Lago. For $175, you can drink for free or click on the link to discover other VIP packages.
Super Bowl Sunday is fast approaching and in Sin City there are plenty of hotels, sports bars, restaurants and nightclubs to watch the game. Still, if you don’t want to waste money and ensure a really, really, really good time, check out these hot spots to hit up.
Saturday, Feb. 6
Sunday, Feb. 7
Super Bowl 50 in which the Denver Broncos go up against the Carolina Panthers goes down Sunday, February 7, 5:30 p.m. on CBS.
Comments Off on The Best ‘Super Bowl 50’ Parties in Las Vegas
Rapper Waka Flocka Flame returned to the Drai’s LIVE stage inside Drai’s Nightclub at The Cromwell last Sunday.
The dreaded up rapper performed hits for the crowd, including “Hard In Da Paint,” “No Hands,” “O Let’s Do It” and more. He was accompanied by DJ Whoo Kid and producer Southside onstage for the performance.
And you already know, his wife Tammy Rivera was by his side. We also spotted rapper Talib Kweli in the VIP section.
After he performed, Waka didn’t leave. In fact, he partied well into the night in the club’s VIP section.
Photos: Mike Kirschbaum/Tony Tran Photography
Comments Off on Recap: Waka Flocka Flame Performs at Drai’s, Wife Tammy Rivera Comes Too
The nation’s favorite down south dance party returns to L.A. on Jan. 29 at the Palladium (6215 Sunset Boulevard). In case you’ve been living under a rock, it’s called “Grits & Biscuits” and it’s a sweaty, southern, good time!
So what’s Grit’s? Let me break it down for you quickly:
- Don’t come cute. Come ready to dance. You will sweat out your new blow out, edges, shirt and maybe even your pants.
- The music is southern music only. Don’t expect a lot of Drake — unless it’s from his days in Houston — or even Fetty Wap. South-ern. Southern! Meaning Peety Pablo, Luke, T-Pain…you know!
- Get your tickets now! This party always sells out in every city it’s hit, including in New York and D.C.
Comments Off on You’re Invited: Grits & Biscuits Los Angeles
Fabolous flew all the way from the East Coast to return to Drai’s Nightclub at The Cromwell ( 3595 S Las Vegas Blvd.) to perform on Jan. 16.
Partygoers inside the indoor-outdoor venue watched Fab as he performed “She Wildin,'” “You Be Killin Em,” and “Ball Drop.”
Check out photos from his performance below:
Credit: Tony Tran Photography
Comments Off on Pics: Fabolous Performs at Drai’s Nightclub
A monthly public reading event for book lovers is coming to Washington, D.C. It’s called “Lit District” presented by creator Mike Jordan and D.C.-based website, VerySmartBrothas.com.
What’s Lit District?
“The idea of Lit was always about breaking down barriers so that amazing local people could share their favorite books with others in a comfortable environment, regardless of topic or subject,” Jordan said in a statement.
“If there’s one thing D.C. folks like to do is drink, chill at a lounge, and do bougie s*** like read books,” VSB co-founder Panama Jackson added. “Never has one event encompassed them all so well. When I saw Lit, I knew I had to do it in DC. I look forward to bringing an already great event to a new city and do some food in the process. Basically, Lit District is finna be lit…for a good cause!”
Lit District will debut at Tap & Parlour (2001 11th Street NW) on Tuesday, Jan. 26. DJ Cleveland Browne will be on the wheels of steel. RSVP!
Photo Credit: Anthony Gary
Comments Off on You’re Invited: ‘Lit District’ at Tap & Parlour
If you want to want to watch VH1’s latest show, “Stevie J & Joseline Go Hollywood,” with the famed couple themselves, head to The Twelve Hotel (361 17th Street NW) on Sunday night at 7 p.m.
Stevie J. and his wife, Joseline, will be in the building to explain the inspiration behind their “Love & Hip Hop” spin-off.
The series follows the couple to the West Coast, but they’re not alone. Stevie’s children are coming along for the ride too! Think: a ghettofabulous spin on MTV’s former series, “Run’s House.”
If you don’t feel like leaving the house, check out the latest VH1 series when it premieres Monday, Jan. 25. Or watch the entire episode now.
Comments Off on You’re Invited: Official Viewing Party for ‘Stevie J & Joseline Go Hollywood’
Washington Wizards point guard John Wall and R&B singer Raheem DeVaughn were among the attendees at PREMIUM Menswear’s pop-up launch party Thursday night.
Along with John and Raheem more than 500 fashion-forward Washingtonians trekked to Union Market’s Maurice Electrical Warehouse (500 Penn Street NE) to get a first look at the pop-up shop that features a 15-piece collection and laundromat-themed art installation.
“We’re a D.C.-based brand, but our scope is global,” co-founders Davin Gentry said in a statement. “We’re committed to keeping our base local while taking the PREMIUM message international. It’s our way of bringing a piece of D.C. wherever we go.”
“Creating the PREMIUM pop-up at Union Market for loyal fans and new shoppers to check out our clothing is an incredible opportunity,” said Kevin “Scooty” Hallums. “I’m convinced PREMIUM is at the forefront of making D.C. a major style destination.”
PREMIUM, which has styles that range from $49 to $1,398, is sold in 15 stores worldwide and is available online at www.shop-premium.com.
Note: Due to Blizzard Jonas, the pop-up will re-open Friday, January 29 and Saturday, January 30.
Photos by Joy Asico
Comments Off on Recap: PREMIUM Pop-Up Preview Party Brings Out John Wall
In honor of Super Bowl 50 next month, earlier this week CFDA designers — such as Betsey Johnson, Rachel Zoe, Rachel Roy, Nicole Miller, and Kenneth Cole — unveiled one-of-a-kind footballs to be auctioned in support of the NFL Foundation.
Held inside NFL Headquarters (280 Park Ave.), guests were invited to view the designer balls along with enjoy complimentary cocktails and hors d’oeuvres.
Along with former NFL players, we spied Orange Is the New Black actress Dascha Polanco and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.
One of the other cool parts of the event was being inside NFL Headquarters itself. Displayed is every Super Bowl ring ever dolled out, including an empty space for the winning team in next month’s bout.
Photo Credit: The Fab Empire
Comments Off on Recap: CFDA Designers Unveil Footballs at NFL Headquarters Ahead of Super Bowl 50
Hey laaaaaaaaaaaaaaadies! Your favorite party for women who love a man’s beard is returning to D.C. next month. I Don’t Do Clubs is bringing back their Must Love Beards party to The Park at Fourteenth (920 14th Street NW) on Saturday, Feb. 6.
Want to hear the good news? The Fab Empire is giving away a pair (2) of tickets to one lucky reader.
- You must follow @thefabempire and @dcfab on Twitter.
- Tweet us saying: “I want to win @DCFab‘s tickets to #MustLoveBeards! @TheFabEempire Hook me up!”
- We will select the winner from our mentions on Monday, February 1 at 1 p.m.
And if you don’t want to go through all of that, buy tickets now!
Comments Off on Giveaway: ‘Must Love Beards DC’ Returns to The Park
On Martin Luther King Jr. Day yesterday, Eatonville (2121 14th Street NW) closed down. But don’t worry it’s only temporary. Well, kinda.
The Andy Shallal-owned Southern restaurant, named in honor of writer and Howard University alum, Zora Neal Hurston, is closing only to reopen in February as Mule Bone.
Shallal is keeping his muse as the inspiration for the new restaurant as Mule Bone is the name of a play, written by Hurston and Langston Hughes.
The new restaurant will receive guidance from The Chew co-host, Carla Hall, according to a report by WaPo.
As for the menu, Shallal told the newspaper, “We want to turn it into something more accessible. Accessible food that is lighter in nature, healthier.” And the owner said he plans to hire an expert mixologist to kick off a great happy hour.
Still, on Monday the community said goodbye to Eatonville with a gospel brunch. The Howard University Gospel Choir performed along with singer, Clifton Ross III.
Comments Off on Eatonville Closed Monday, To Reopen at Mule Bone in February (We Hope!)