Everyone has their favorite teacher!
And if they were in Teach for America, your favorite teacher may be descending on Washington, D.C. this weekend for Teach for America’s 25th Anniversary Summit hitting the Walter E. Washington Convention Center from Feb. 5-6.
We don’t know what’s going on inside the Convention Center, but we can tell you the happening parties occurring after hours.
Oh! And before we get in trouble: The events below are in no way, shape or form officially connected to TFA’s Summit. They’re super unofficial, but still should be fun!
Friday, February 5
- Head to Howard Theatre (620 T Street NW) for “The Educators Summit Kick-Off Party.” Enjoy the best in hip hop and Top 40 music thanks to the sounds of DJ K Meta. Attire is casual. RSVP!
- Enjoy an open bar from 5-6 p.m. and happy hour specials until 9 p.m. at Bar 7 (1015 7th Street), right across from the Convention Center. Come early or go late. The party lasts until 3 a.m. RSVP!
Saturday, February 6
- Black educators are set to invade Ozio (1813 M Street NW). Enjoy drink specials from 8 to 11 p.m. — such as $6 Ciroc and Grey Goose cocktails and $8 D’usse and Remy Martin — along with half-priced hookah and appetizers. RSVP!
- Join UP Education Network, a Massachusetts-based non-profit school management organization, at Bar Louie (701 7th Street NW) for drinks and light appetizers before the summit’s main event. The fun starts at 3:30 p.m. and goes until 5:30 p.m. RSVP!
Sunday, February 7
- Enjoy a brunch buffet with unlimited mimosas at “Brunchin’ The Finale” — a day party — at Barcode (1101 17th Street NW). The food starts at 1 p.m., but the day party kicks off at 4:30 p.m. and goes until 1 a.m. RSVP!