Wow. How does it feel? Another year is in the bag. You’ve made it through the year and now it’s time to celebrate by ringing in the New Year in style.
And whether you want to dress up and party or have a more laid-back January 1, we have all of the best parties and places to go in Washington, D.C. for young professionals.
So grab your outfit, and of course the money for a cover charge, and pick a spot to go to:
- THE W HOTEL: If you’re looking for a fabulous party where you can dress up (it’s black-tie optional!) then head to the W Hotel’s Great Room (515 15th Street NW). Enjoy complimentary party favors, passed hors d’ouevres and even a champagne toast at midnight while you listen to the sounds of DJ Alizay and Jerome Baker III. The fun starts at 8 p.m. Get Tickets!
- EATONVILLE: If you love soul music and soul food, head to Eatonville (2121 14th Street) to enjoy a three-course dinner, champagne toast, party favors and the sounds of Fab Award-winning deejay, DJ Heat. Dinner reservations start at 6:30 p.m. Get Tickets!
- ANDREW W. MELLON AUDITORIUM: There’s no half-stepping if you decide to attend the “Black Tie Gala on The National Mall” at the Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium (1301 Constitution Avenue NW). Enjoy an open bar all night, including VIP lounges courtesy of Grey Goose and Martell Cognac, passed hors d’ouevres and party favors. Head there at 9 p.m. Get Tickets!
- MATE LOUNGE: If you want to party with artist Sue Tsai, head to Mate Lounge for its “Wish on the Waterfront.” Enjoy a sushi buffet and the sounds of DJ Farrah Flawsette, Brenden Hill and DJ Biggs. An open bar starts at 8 p.m. Get Tickets!
- OPERA LOUNGE: If you want to get dressed up, but you’re not into black tie, Opera Lounge (1400 Eye Street NW) may be the place for you. Enjoy a complimentary champagne toast at midnight and party favors. The fun starts at 9 p.m. Get Tickets!
- HOWARD THEATRE: It’s the only venue in D.C. that has won Venue of the Year in The Fab Awards three straight years. Head to Howard Theatre (620 T Street NW) for its “Masquerade Ball.” And no need to bring a mask, you can get a complimentary one upon entry. The dinner menu will also be available. Get Tickets!