Get excited D.C. It’s the homecoming the whole city celebrates — Howard University‘s homecoming. Before the big game on Saturday and after Yardfest on Friday, here are the best parties to see that old classmate, catch up with a former flame and parties with fellow Bison (Even if you didn’t go to Howard. We’re not judging!).
Friday, October 2
- 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. There’s an alternative for folks who don’t feel like dealing with Yardfest. Head to “Trill Grill” at one of my favorite venues, Blind Whino (700 Delaware Avenue SW). Enjoy the sounds of DJ Krisis along with flip cup and beer pong tournaments. Rain or shine. RSVP!
- 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. If you’re really trying to turn all the way up, like way, way up head to the HU edition of “40 Oz Bounce,” being held at Stadium Club (2127 Queens Chapel Road NE). RSVP!
- 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Lots of HU alum that I know are hosting the “Off the Yard Day” at Shadow Room
(2131 K Street NW). Enjoy tons of bottle specials. RSVP!
- 8 p.m. – 3 a.m. Enjoy one of my favorite deejays, DJ D Nice at “The Epic Alumni Reunion,” being held at Tony & Joe’s (3000 K Street NW). RSVP!
- 9 p.m. – 3 a.m. HU alum and actor Lance Gross will be hosting #JuggfestDC at Layla Lounge
(501 Morse Street NE). RSVP!
- 10 p.m. – 3 a.m. Some of my favorite D.C. turned New York transplants are hosting “The Glo Up” at Whino on H St. (700 H Street NE) Enjoy the sounds of DJ LR, Legend Of Y, TJ Mizell, DJ Brenden Hill and Jae Murphy. RSVP!
- 11 p.m. – 4 a.m. This party is so good, it’s already sold out. But if you still want to enjoy #1000Bottles, buy a table and head to Howard Theatre (620 T Street NW). You’re a guaranteed a hangover! RSVP!
Saturday, October 3
- 9:30 p.m. – 2 a.m. If you love 90s’ music, head to Liv Nightclub (2001 11th Street NW) to enjoy the best in 90s R&B, Hip Hop and Reggae. Also, enjoy an open bar from 9:30-10:30 p.m. sponsored by Effen Vodka along with free entry before 11 p.m. with an RSVP. DJ Quicksilver and DJ Crown Royal are on the tables. RSVP!
- 10 p.m. – 3 a.m. Now if you’d rather twerk to southern music and don’t want to worry about a dress code, hit up “Latex” at Asia DC (1720 I Street NW). DJ Krisis will be on the wheels. RSVP!
Sunday, October 4
- 12 p.m. – Until DJ Envy and Troy Ave are taking over The Gryphon (1337 Connecticut Avenue NW). Don’t worry fellas, the Eagles’ game will be on. To reserve a table for brunch or bottle service, RSVP!