It’s honestly my favorite time of year. It’s a new year, folks! That means out with the old and in with the new. It’s a season of reinvigoration, reinvention, renewal and reveling. And while we can’t help you with your New Years’ resolutions, we can definitely help you with the reveling part.
Here are DC Fab!’s top party picks to ring in 2014 in no particular order:
- 8 p.m. – 4 a.m.: Join EZ Street and Armageddon at the Beacon Hotel (1615 Rhode Island Avenue NW) for a new years celebration that features four ball rooms and even a live pianist. DJ Alizay, Spinser Tracy along with DJ Ablaze and DJ Teffler will be on hand to deliver the best in hip hop, R&B, Top 40, Soca and Afro. Enjoy New Years Eve party favors — hats and noisemakers — along with complimentary food stations from 9-10 p.m. and half-priced cocktails from 8-10 p.m. More info!
- 9 p.m. – 4 a.m.: Enjoy a roaring 1920s New Years Eve affair with Trevor Booker, Trevor Ariza, Al Harrington and the Washington Wizards at Josephine Lounge (1008 Vermont Avenue NW). For $50 (or $90 for couples) enjoy a Belvedere open bar and complimentary champagne toast from 9-10 p.m. More info!
- 9 p.m. – 4 a.m.: Roc Nation’s Jhene Aiko will be celebrating the new year in Washington, D.C. at Look Supperclub (1909 K Street NW). It’s a Gatsby-themed affair and tickets start at $75. Enjoy an open bar from 9-10 p.m. along with a midnight champagne toast. More info!
- 9 p.m. – 4 a.m.: In a Toyko-themed affair, complete with “geisha girls” and nyotaimori (or body sushi), celebrate the new year at Cities (919 19th Street NW). If you’re into an “international crowd,” for $40, you can enjoy complimentary hors d’hourves and giveaways during the soiree. More info!
- 10 p.m. – 4 a.m.: Urbane Lifestyle & Entertainment Group has your New Years Eve plans locked down. Join them at Recess Lounge (727 15th Street NW) to ring in 2014. While DJ Square Biz and DJ Suave work the turntables, enjoy a three-hour Ciroc open bar from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. along with complimentary champagne for partygoers from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. More info!