The annual Roxbury International Film Festival (June 27-30, 2013) is turning 15! and they need YOUR help!
The Roxbury International Film Festival has become the largest festival in New England dedicated to supporting diverse filmmakers and providing an opportunity for audiences to view the works of these filmmakers, and experience stories often overlooked in mainstream media. Since its inception, the festival has welcomed over 30,000 attendees, and we have screened more than 450 films by or about people of color. Films are shown at the Museum of Fine Arts Boston, Massachusetts College of Art, Northeastern University, Wentworth Institute of Technology, Roxbury Center for the Arts at Hibernian Hall, and other locations throughout Boston.
Volunteer duties include:
- Providing venue and ticket information
- Reception hosts and hostesses
- Providing directions to and from venues
- Stuffing Swag bags
- Creating filmmaker packets
- Providing support at festival receptions
- Creating signage for the festival
- Free Screenings
- Opening and Closing Night Events
- Volunteer Swag Bags
To be a part of this areas historical treasure, send an e-mail to Volunteer Coordinator Val DePina here. Spots go fast so don’t wait!