You’ve done romantic dinners, gift exchanges and boxes of chocolate. That’s so 2000-and-late. If you’re looking to shake things up this year, DC Fab! has some fun Valentine’s Day that you could do with your boo or your best friends.
- Soul singer Bilal is headed to The Park at Fourteenth (920 14th Street NW)on Friday, Feb. 11. Come watch his live performance to kick off the Valentine’s Day weekend! The show starts at 7 p.m. on the third floor. RSVP: talkofdc.com/park
- Head to DAR Constitution Hall (1776 D Street NW) for one of the sexiest concerts this Valentine’s Day season. R&B singers Trey Songz and Lloyd are coming to swoon the ladies and irritate the guys on Saturday, Feb. 12. Concert starts at 7 p.m. Get tickets!
- After it’s all said and done, head to Funxion (1309 F Street NW) on Tuesday, Feb. 15 for “AfterGlow”, a post Valentine’s Day Happy Hour hosted by @whw_web , @ListenToLeon, @Washingtina and @CShortieRed. The fun goes from 6-9 p.m. No cover but I’d RSVP!
- Have you ever ran outside in your undies? Well, why not do it for Valentine’s Day and for a good cause. Run two miles around Capitol Hill and enjoy all day drink specials to benefit the Children’s Tumor Foundation. If you’re brave enough, meet at Pour House for a 1.7 mile run. Afterwards, enjoy cheap food and drinks at the bar, raffles, giveaways and a free t-shirt. The run starts at 2 p.m. but $30 registration/drinking begins at noon.
- R&B singer Tierra Mari will stop by Fur Nightclub (33 Patterson Street NE) on Friday, Feb. 11. Ladies are $10 when you text Text “FUR” to 41411. Open bar from 10-11 p.m.
- On Monday, Feb. 14 create your own sweet treat tour by stopping by the best cupcakeries in the District (this is my crazy idea so I hope someone tries it!). Start at Hello Cupcake (1361 Connecticut Ave NW) in Dupont Circle then head to Georgetown Cupcake (3301 M Street NW) for a delicious treat. After downing a bottle of water (you’ll need it), circle back to the Penn Quarter to visit Red Velvet Cupcakery (501 7th St. NW) for your final sweet treat. It’s a sweet adventure!