It’s another long weekend…more importantly it’s my birthday weekend! Go Libras! But enough about me…
We’ve got concerts, after parties and Columbus Day events to make it feel like you went on vacation. Don’t miss out on letting loose this holiday weekend or going to a swanky event.
DC Fab!’s top picks:
- Young Jeezy is performing at DC Star (2135 Queens Chapel Road N.E.) on Friday, Oct. 8. The evening will be hosted by Angie Ange of WKYS. Tickets are available at all DTLR locations and at the door. Note: This event is 18+ and 21+ to drink.
- Looking for something for the professionals? Funxion Lounge (1309 F St. NW) is hosting a night of all 80s and 90s music. Think Stevie Wonder, Frankie Beverly and Maze, A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, and The Roots. DJ Jahsonic will be on the wheels. 6 p.m. – 4 a.m.
- Head to Mio (1110 Vermont Ave. NW) on Saturday, Oct. 9 to enjoy an upscale evening with DC socialites.
- On Sunday, Oct. 9, Current Lounge (1215 Connecticut Ave NW) is hosting a Columbus Day affair from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. RSVP!
- What’s Hot Washington will host a “Sushi Social”, featuring complimentary cocktails an sushi on Wednesday, Oct. 13 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Jordan’s 8 Restaurant (523 8th Street SE) in Capitol Hill. An invitation-only event, proceeds will go to WEAVE (Women Empowered Against Violence) to raise awareness and funding for domestic abuse victims. Purchase tickets!