Does this really mean Summer is over? Labor Day marks the official change of the seasons from Summer to Fall. After Labor Day, the kids go back to school, you put away the grill and start eyeing your newest pair of Uggs. And although the dog days of Summer are coming to a close, that doesn’t mean we can’t go out with a bang. Here are this weekend’s top parties:
- Newest Redskin Donovan McNabb will host a Sunday night party at The Park at Fourteenth (920 14th Street NW). With an open bar from 8-9 p.m, come party with him on Sunday, September 5.
- Young Money’s Tyga will be performing live on Friday, September 3 at Ibiza Nightclub (1222 First Street NE).
- Host-DC is celebrating it’s three year anniversary party by doing it up yacht style. Hosted by Sonya Lowery of World Next Door TV, enjoy a cash bar, buffet, a complimentary chairman’s reserve drink and $5 cocktails all night. Boarding begins at 8:30 p.m. and the boat will sail off at 9 p.m. Get tickets!
- Celebrate the release of Wale‘s Board Administration Mixtape and Sneaker Suite‘s five year anniversary on Saturday, September 4 at the Beacon Hotel rooftop (1615 Rhode Island Ave. NW). Enjoy $5 frozen margaritas and the sounds of DJ Premonition from 12 – 7 p.m.
- If you’re looking to party somewhere different, head to the Georgetown waterfront at Cabanas Club (3050 K St. NW) on Saturday, September 4. Doors open at 9 p.m.
- Come of age at Josephine Lounge (1008 Vermont Ave. NW) on Sunday, September 5. Virginia Tech Alumni will also be celebrating here tonight.