It’s a great week for D.C. …well, as far as partying is concerned. Though a volcano is erupting overseas, D.C. is also becoming a hot spot! Find out where the celebrities will be partying this weekend and how you can join them!
Wednesday, April 21
- The Metropolitan Muse Concert Series features singer Terrence Cunningham at Layla Lounge (501 Morse Street NE). With a $10 Cover Charge, proceeds will be donated to the Warford Foundation. Doors open at 8:00 pm.
Thursday, April 22
- TheRoot.com presents a discussion about our community’s young, fabulous and female achievers. Panelists include Angela Rye, Senior Counsel to the Chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, Malika Saada Saar, The Rebecca Project, Erica Williams, Center For American Progress and Progress 2050 and Donna Byrd, Publisher of The Root. It will be moderator by Anji Corley, WPGC Radio. Washington Post Auditorium, 1150 Fifteenth Street, NW. 6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Jerrod Collins (you remember the guy I featured because he’s obsessed with fashion) will be hosting “The Makings of a Man” Trunk Show at Recess Lounge (727 15th Street NW). It’s also his birthday. The show starts at 5:30 p.m. Watch the video!
Friday, April 23
- Plus sized model with a plus sized personality Toccara hosts happy hour at The Park at Fourteenth (920 14th Street NW). Also, Sherria and Jackie of www.lookacute.com will be celebrating the blog’s one year anniversary! The party goes until 2 a.m.
- Raheem DeVaughn along with his label 368 Music Group will be celebrating their one year anniversary at Lux Lounge (649 New York Ave. NW). Shout out to Skeeter who will also be celebrating his birthday.
Saturday, April 24
- Sexy fine Reggie Bush and Darren Sharper host the semi-formal party, Three Magic Words, at Teatro Goldini (1909 K Street). The party goes until 3 a.m. Get tickets!
- The Michael Vicktory Project and Vernon Davis‘s NFL Draft Party is going down at The Water Club (700 Water St. SW) from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. Guys are free before 11 p.m. and ladies are free before midnight with RSVP.
Sunday, April 25
- Washington Redskin Fred Davis hosts a birthday party for model Claudia Jordan at Josephine Lounge (1008 Vermont Ave. NW). Open bar from 10-11 p.m. More info!
- THE TALENTED, an artist collaboration performance project, where artists from all genres can join to showcase their related talents in one cohesive exhibit is going down tonight. The project features Phil Ade, Christian Rich, UCB and DJ Jerome Baker. With open bar and hors d’oeuvres, the project goes from 6-9 p.m. at The Source (14th and T Streets NW). Get your ticket!