D.C. has been heavy with great concerts this summer. Last year alone the “America’s Most Wanted Tour”, the “Russ Buss Tour” and the “Hangover Tour” all hit D.C. This week continues with some great musical acts coming to the District.
- Smokey Robinson performs at Wolf Trap’s Filene Center (1551 Trap Road, Vienna, VA) this Wednesday, August 12. Tickets range between $25-$45. The show starts at 8 p.m.
- Heineken Red Star Soul is having it’s fourth annual show at Ibiza Nightclub (1222 First Street NE) on Thursday, August 13. The show features performances by Ludacris and Melanie Fiona. Also, DJ Clark Kent will keep the party going between sets. It’s free when you RSVP!
- R&B singer Russell Taylor debuts his sophomore album at The Scene (2221 Adams Place) on Thursday, August 13 from 7-10 p.m. If you haven’t heard of him, get familiar…plus he’s a cutie!
- Rapper Rick Ross performs at Love Nightclub (1350 Okie Street NW) this Friday, August 14. RSVP to get in free before 11 p.m.
- If you missed her earlier this month at R&B Live DC, Dallas native N’dambi will perform at the latest “In the Artist’s Studio” at Busboys & Poets (14th and V Streets NW) on Monday, August 16 at 9 p.m. It’s $10 in advance.